Sunday, July 7, 2013

W1 - Introduction

Hello Everyone!

This is Sarah McNabb writing from Waiheke Island!



I have created a blog before, but I have not always been good at keeping up with posting and updating. This time around I found creating the blog itself to be quite easy - Blogger is intuitive and I felt that there was enough choice in layout for me to personalize my front page.

In maintaining this blog, I hope to create both a visual representation of my learning as well as give myself something to reflect back on throughout; both my own posts as well what others will share with me in the process of this course.

I found the instructions on UC Learn useful, as knowing where to find "gadgets" wasn't clear just by looking at my main blog page. Once I was on the layout page, I could see the potential for making the blog my own.

For future learners, I would say that a combination of following the given instructions as well as exploration worked well for me. There is something to be said for trial and error in an activity like this one! I think one if the best ways to get used to a new program/website is to just simply have a go.

I am really looking forward to using the blog in this course. It will be a new experience for me to use a blog in a class setting, and perhaps this will give me the motivation to update on a more regular basis.

Have a great week everyone!

Sarah




2 comments:

  1. Please remember to label the posts for the course with the EDEM630 tag to get them picked up in the aggregator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    Warm greetings to Waiheke Island from a chilly Mosgiel this evening.

    Looks like you have found a good balance between "reading the instructions" and "doing in the real world". Thanks for taking a little extra time to record and embed a video introduction -- we appreciate that!

    As Jim has already noted -- please label your post with the EDEM630 tag so we can pick up the feed. (See: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/44498?hl=en )

    ReplyDelete